Automotive Glazing Apprentice - Lincoln MARKERSTUDY LIMITED
Do you have an interest in the automotive Industry? Joining as an apprentice could be perfect for you, we are looking for the next generation technicians to repair & replace vehicle glass, learning new technology such as sensors for automatic braking etc. We will train you to level 3 technician & start your career with a forward thinking business.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2023
The salary will increase to £15,000 at 6 month and again to £16,500 at 12 months
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice working for Auto Windscreens, you will be learning the day to day life as a windscreen technician, you will be working in one of our local fitting centres on customers vehicles, this will include:
- Repairing chips in glass
- Replacement of windscreens and body glass on a variety of vehicles
- With cars becoming more and more technology focused, you will also learn tasks like recalibration of sensors for features like automatic wipers, automatic braking and lane detection
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The majority of your time would be spent working with a mentor in your fixed base location and monthly visits from an assessor
- When you first join the company, you will visit our head office for your initial induction and training, you will also receive your company uniform while on your visit
- There will be set training days away with the technical training team at head office throughout your apprenticeship and at the end of the programme you will be trained to a Level 3 Glazing Technician
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the endpoint assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After you successfully finish your apprentice scheme, your next step in your career would be to progress to a mobile windscreen technician & start working on customers vehicles out in the field, at this point, you will also need to be eligible to drive a company vehicle & would be issued with a van
- There are then different skill levels you can progress through right up to our elite technician grade
- The possibilities from there are up to you
- We offer an excellent benefits package for all staff
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
E.J.MARKHAM & SON LIMITED
Automotive glazing technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.