Zimmini is a vibrant fashion-forward-thinking salon in the centre of Grimsby, searching for an enthusiastic person to become their new apprentice stylist. If you have a genuine interest in fashion and the end goal of becoming a qualified stylist, this is the perfect position for you. Zimmini is a vibrant fashion-forward-thinking salon in the centre of Grimsby, searching for an enthusiastic person to become their new apprentice stylist. If you have a genuine interest in fashion and the end goal of becoming a qualified stylist, this is the perfect position for you.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Maintaining a professional approach and good communication skills with customers and colleagues
- Learning how to shampoo hair in preparation for the stylist
- Learning how to blow dry and straighten hair correctly
- Learning proper techniques for colouring and colour removal
- Assisting qualified stylists with hair foils and perms
- Providing reception duties, greeting clients, answering the telephone, booking appointments
- Working well as a member of the team with a desire to learn, supported by a qualified stylist
- Learning to style hair correctly
- Maintaining salon cleanliness with housekeeping and laundry duties
- Observing and learning different cutting and styling techniques.
- Replenishing stock and making sure the salon is presented in the best way possible
All other associated duties as required:
- As an Apprentice the majority of your learning will take place within the salon, located on South St. Mary’s Gate in the centre of Grimsby. You will also be required to attend one college release day each week (Monday) at The Grimsby Institute. You will receive full training and support throughout the Apprenticeship programme.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hair Professional
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals
- A bespoke programme of practical, technical and vocational learning
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Zimmini are offering this Apprenticeship with the view of the role becoming a permanent career for the right candidate, with a potential progression to a Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/ D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.