Engineering Design Technician Apprenticeship WALDECK ASSOCIATES LIMITED
As an Engineering Technician, you will use CAD, as well as your maths and design skills to draw buildings and other projects for our clients. Your role will be office-based but working on designing engineering projects across the UK including residential, manufacturing, commercial and energy. Duties will include interpreting technical information, prepare reports, and do calculations.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
26 days annual leave plus bank hols, Contributory Pension, Life Assurance scheme (after 1 year), High street discount scheme, Gym Discount Scheme, Company sick pay scheme, 24/7 GP access, Mental Health Wellbeing app, Specsavers discount scheme
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
3 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Use computer aided design (CAD) and other software to create drawings and models
- Interpret technical information, prepare reports and do calculations
- Communicate with different teams to ensure work meets the client's requirements
- Make sure work is carried out according to deadlines and budget
visit sites, assist with surveys and report on progress
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Civil Engineering Technician Level 3 Standard
- Training will be on day-release, however full-time job specific training will be in place for the first 3 months
- Office location is 8 miles outside of Lincoln with minimal public transport access and training will be held in Lincoln
- Travel to client sites may occasionally be required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- If entering the qualification at level 3, apprentices can expect to graduate on to complete a HNC and HND in the subject and subsequently a degree if preferred
- After 7-10 years the apprentice may choose to become chartered, where they can become an EngTech or after a longer period become a CEng (Chartered Engineer) with the ICE or IStructE
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.