Production Chef Apprentice - Southport Kids Planet - Southport
A great opportunity to start your career within the chef world. Kids Planet are looking for an Apprentice Chef for their Southport site.
Closing date: today
Mon - Fri 9am-3pm
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
1. To assist the Chef with the Kids Planet Food Management System and running of the nursery kitchen.
2. To engage in all elements of your apprenticeship programme.
1. Food hygiene and cleanliness
2. Food preparation and cooking
3. Control and management of food allergens and dietary requirements
4. Due diligence - evidencing controls by documenting everything you do
5. Working by Kids Planet company values and our Code of Ethics
- Attend all internal training and work with the Chef in gaining the competencies outlined in the Food Management System Training Pack.
- Work with the Chef and Nursery manager in preparation of weekly menu's, catering for all children, taking account of any special dietary needs.
- Assist with the management if food allergens in the kitchen, helping to ensure controls are implemented.
- Assist with food preparation, cooking and serving at correct temperatures.
- Assist with maintaining adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions.
- Assist with food ordering and stocktaking.
- Assist with kitchen cleaning according to the kitchen cleaning schedule, including schedules for cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Assist with clearing away food and washing pots, including use of the dishwasher.
- Be vigilant as to your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others in the workplace.
- Ensure your own personal hygiene is impeccable.
- Adhere to the company procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required from time to time.
- Ensure the company's Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Production Chef Standard
Training will be completed in the workplace and on tutor appointments
via face-to-face visits and Microsoft Teams appointments;
learners complete all work through an e-portfolio.
Full training will be given, including training in Kids Planet kitchen operations and use of appliances
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position if available upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 / D) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Kids Planet - Southport
Kids Planet Southport
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.