Choose Findley, one of the leading roofing companies in the North East of England. Your role will involve installing a wide range of roofing materials and products. It will include interpreting drawings, measuring and calculating the required quantity of materials. This role will be based in NE28 postcode areas (Wallsend, Howden, Battle Hill).
Closing date: 16 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Roofing work at Findley will involve anything from repairing a single tile or slate to installing a full roof on a domestic property.
You will carry out a range of job tasks including:
- Measuring, marking out, fitting, finishing, positioning and securing
- Installing plain tiles, interlocking tiles, natural slates and fibre-cement slates
- Installing underlay, battens and related roofing components
- Installing pre-formed lead and/or proprietary flashings
- Installing dry and wet fixed products to verges, hips, ridge and valleys
- Installing insulation and ventilation products for warm and cold roof construction
- Installing roof windows and flashing kits
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Roofer apprenticeship standard.
Training will be delivered through 2-week block release at Derwentside College. Monday - Thursday. Dates TBC.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent progression routes available, such as Team Leader roles in the short and medium term. The very skilled and knowledgeable roofers that develop key skills, can eventually develop to Contract Supervisor and Contract Manager positions in the long term.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.