Early Years Educator Apprentice JOLLY GIRAFFES DAY NURSERY LTD
Working alongside staff to provide care, learning and play for the children. You will get full training and support with on the job training CPD opportunities. A passion for Early years and learning is essential. Ability to do the course alongside working full time essential. Highly motivated and the ability to do independent work.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Minimum Apprentice wage for the probationary period which will be re-assessed after the 12 weeks possibly moving up dependent on age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To plan, create and implement engaging activities,
- tailored to each of your key children, to encourage their development towards key milestones
- Observing, tracking and reflecting on learning
- Develop and maintain strong parent/ carer partnerships
- Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are followed at all times
- Work with colleagues to maintain a positive, happy and safe environment on a day to day basis
- To learn ‘on the job’ enhancing learning done through assignments as part of your Apprentice qualification
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Development of skills will be supported by a workplace mentor in conjunction with one full day in college per month
- An assessor will undertake workplace visits and will support the apprentice with their learning and employment
- We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, skills and behavior elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved
- Will undertake a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualfication
- Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Developing strategies for support
- Communication and team work
- Working with teachers to accurately assess
- Using Technology
- Problem solving/ability to motivate pupilsOther off the job training will be monitored through the one file, Practical training, shadowing, mentoring, industry visits
- Learning support and time spent writing assessments/assignments will also be coached and monitored
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To potentially become full-time employee
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 A*-C or equivalent) Essential
Other Level 2 Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JOLLY GIRAFFES DAY NURSERY LTD
16 STATION LANE
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.