Production Chef Apprentice - Waverton House Kids Planet - Waverton House
Kids Planet in Waverton House are looking to take on a Production Chef Apprentice. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking for a career pathway in the Hospitality Sector. Your role will include assist the Chef with the Kids Planet Food Management System and running of the nursery kitchen.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
20 Mar 2023
19 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- To assist the Chef with the Kids Planet Food Management System and running of the nursery kitchen
- To engage in all elements of your apprenticeship programme
- Food hygiene and cleanliness
- Food preparation and cooking
- Control and management of food allergens and dietary requirements
- Due diligence - evidencing controls by documenting everything you do
- Working by Kids Planet company values and our Code of Ethics
- Attend all internal training and work with the Chef in gaining the competencies outlined in the Food Management System Training Pack
- Work with the Chef and Nursery manager in preparation of weekly menu's, catering for all children, taking account of any special dietary needs
- Assist with the management if food allergens in the kitchen, helping to ensure controls are implemented
- Assist with food preparation, cooking and serving at correct temperatures
- Assist with maintaining adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions
- Assist with food ordering and stocktaking
- Assist with kitchen cleaning according to the kitchen cleaning schedule, including schedules for cleaning equipment and appliances
- Assist with clearing away food and washing pots, including use of the dishwasher
- Be vigilant as to your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others in the workplace
- Ensure your own personal hygiene is impeccable
- Adhere to the company procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required from time to time
- Ensure the company's Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Production Chef Standard.
Training will be completed in the workplace and on tutor appointments via face-to-face visits and Microsoft Teams appointments; learners complete all work through an e-portfolio. Full training will be given, including training in Kids Planet kitchen operations and use of appliances.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full-time position if available upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.