Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice STEPPING STONES MONTESSORI NURSERY LTD
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our team. We are a small private nursery, with plenty of potential to grow and develop in your career. Your role will include working and interacting directly with children on a day to day basis, supporting the planning and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
£323.07 per week
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
19 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To promote the physical, intellectual, emotional, educational and social development of the children
- To ensure that there is a stimulating and varied programme of activities available to the children at all times
- To encourage, through example, alternatives to sexual stereotyping imposed by society
- Not to leave the classroom except in connection with the children's needs, and on no account to leave the classroom completely unattended
- To ensure that the children are kept clean and encouraged to wash their hands, wipe their noses etc. The children must always be escorted to the toilet
- To be aware of the effect that racism in society and in ourselves has on children
- To keep progress records and reports the children
- To develop and maintain a warm and supportive relationship with the children and staff
- To plan for the key children weekly in advance and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and the Montessori approach
- To ensure that all toys, equipment and materials are safe for the use of pre-school children and in a good state of repair. Toys must be washed once a week
- To perform any other duties required at the discretion of the officer-in-charge or management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
Over the course of 15 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a qualified practitioner.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
STEPPING STONES MONTESSORI NURSERY LTD
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.