First Line Support Technician Apprentice (Excel Telecom) EXCEL TELECOM LIMITED
Working alongside the IT and Telephony Helpdesk, you will show an enthusiastic approach to learning IT and Telephony. You will be handling support calls via the Helpdesk system.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2023
£12,000 - £14,000
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
19 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Answering calls and logging support tickets.
- Handling support tickets from receipt to resolution across our product portfolio.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Monitoring and maintaining Telephone systems and networks.
- Setting up call routing for VoIP along with any new users accounts and profiles.
- Prioritising and managing several open cases / installations at one time.
- Establishing good working relationships with customers, clients and other professionals.
- Liaising with provisioning and operations teams internally and with partners to organise projects.
- Assist in managing escalations as necessary as well as talking to staff & customers to help set up systems or resolve issues.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EXCEL TELECOM LIMITED
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.