Apprentice Teaching Assistant at Creech St Michael Church of England Primary School Creech St Michael Church of England Primary School
Creech St Michael primary school have an exciting career opportunity to work across key stage 1/ 2 classes and gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about supporting children to learn.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting all school activities both in the classroom and in any extended provision
- Assisting the class teacher with classroom management
- Supporting learning activities as guided by the class teacher
- Providing a safe, secure and welcoming environment for the children and their families
- Willingness to be involved
- Implementing and delivering the curriculum
- Contributing to planning
- Ensuring that the children’s needs are met by offering structure, care and stability
- Working in partnership with other team members
- Respecting the confidentiality and privacy of information
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- The programme will consist of face to face tutor led knowledge sessions in Taunton once per fortnight
- A minimum of six hours independent study needs to take place at a venue to be agreed with the employer on the alternate week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Teaching Foundation Degree
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Creech St Michael Church of England Primary School
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
0300 123 1967
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.