An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work for Grayton Ltd, based in Barton Upon Humber. Working within a busy office environment, training will cover all aspects of administration in line with the company’s standard operating procedures. A reliable, enthusiastic and motivated individual has the opportunity to join Grayton Ltd, as their new finance and admin apprentice to be nurtured and trained by the existing experienced workforce. The apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organization and smooth running of the department, to ensure all financial and business objectives are met.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
19 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Meet & Greet visitors in a confident manner
- Exercising judgement when receiving phone calls, taking messages, arranging appointments
- Responding to e-mail
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure an excellent level of service is provided
- Typing of various items, including marketing material and general correspondence as required
- To use tact, diplomacy and respect confidentiality at all times.
- General office duties involving ICT, filing, faxing, photocopying etc.
- Processing Delivery Notes and Invoices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- A bespoke programme of technical and vocational training
- Functional skills in Maths and English*if applicable
- The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work-based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course. This Apprenticeship does not require attendance for classroom-based sessions at the Grimsby Institute Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent contract upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and further enhanced industry based training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.