Business Administration Apprentice Sedgemoor District Council
This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of our transformation journey, gaining a Level 3 Business Administration qualification alongside valuable on the job training and experience. Apprentices are required to complete all assessments and exams related to their course of study.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintain professional study of advanced apprenticeship course and modular assignments.
- Assist with enquiries from the public and others in person, by telephone and in writing, professionally, accurately and efficiently. You will be responsible for decision making and will work using your own initiative.
- Liaising with other Council Services and external organistaions as required, to gather or share information and maintain and update records. You will also accept and deal with changing priorities related to both your own work and to the organisation.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the team including scanning, photocopying, printing and shredding as well as external events and meetings.
- Undertake general office duties.
- Efficient use of Outlook.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard.
- Attendance at workshops for the first 6 months.
- Assessor visits to the workplace once the workshops have finished to prepare you for your End Point Assessment.
- If you have not already achieved a C/4 + in both maths and English (or equivalent) and cannot provide evidence in the form of a certificate, you will also need to achieve Functional skills at Level 2, in both Numeracy and Literacy. This will include sitting an exam.
- You will be given some of your working week dedicated to your apprentice study, or Off the Job Training, to carry out self-supported study, compiling your portfolio or completing work set by your assessor.
- End point assessment to achieve your final apprenticeship grade.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the potential that this apprenticeship could lead to a full-time and permanent job offer. However, this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.