Adult Personal Care Apprentice ABBEYFIELD GRANGE RESIDENTIAL HOME LIMITED
Do you want to start your career within the care sector? If so, Abbeyfield Grange based in Sheffield have a fantastic opportunity for a person that is passionate about providing care. Reporting to the Senior Support Worker, day to day duties will include: work as part of a team, provide 24 hour care with willingness to learn and develop.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
£8,441.55 to £16,672.50
£4.81 for first 12 months increasing to £10.42
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 33.75
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
23 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Work as part of a team to provide a high level of physical and emotional, 24 hour care to all service users as directed by the homes management team, and to cooperate with others in their care, treatment and support, for example GP’s Mental Health Workers and Relatives.
Work within the guidelines set out in the General Social Care Council, Codes of Practice, and comply with Care Quality Commission’s Essential Standards of Quality and Safety, and to support the manager to enable these standards to be met.
Be guided by the homes policies and procedure in relation to:
- The standards of care provided
- Health and safety standards
- All other policies and procedures
- And to guide the care assistants and trainees in these policies and procedures
- To attend all training course deemed by the management appropriate to the development of the individual support worker
- To be responsible for the social and welfare activities of service users including willingness to contribute to day trips and holidays
- To be flexible
- To be able to relate to people in a way that helps them enjoy life
Be willing to perform other duties in other departments as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Adult care worker, Level 2 (GCSE)
- Including 1 day per week at college
- Including End Point Assesment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full time employment subject to successful completion of Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.