An exciting opportunity for Level 2 to join our team at our Nursery. The role includes Apprenticeship training where you can earn whilst you learn and gain an industry recognized qualification.
Closing date: 19 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
19 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Our favourite type of people are happy, outgoing, friendly, funny and imaginative. We need someone who thinks nothing of collecting milk top lids and lollipop sticks ready for the perfect construction project. Has the best snake voice when reading the Gruffalo to a group of mesmerise children. The ideal person will also have a secret talent in doing all the actions to ‘Grand old Duke of York’ whilst moving the outdoor play equipment. The successful candidate will also know a great play dough recipe to help celebrate each one of the seasons.
In return we have lots of small people who want to share their magical journeys of discovery with you. You will become someone’s new best friend overnight and your life will be filled with sunshine and giggles.
I won't deny it – we are looking for exceptional people.
Main Tasks include:
- Work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child in line with company policies and procedures.
- Use play to support children to understand and encourage healthy life choices.
- Identify issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protection concerns to the person in charge.
- Carryout self-reflection and use continuous professional development opportunities to improve practice.
- Undertake specific tasks related to the safety and hygiene of the children and the cleanliness of the setting.
- Use their knowledge of child development to work with parents and carers to improve children outcomes and wellbeing, including those with disabilities and additional needs.
- Contribute to the planning and organise activities and children's individual experiences which will support and extend the children’s learning in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Communicate and engage with children to support their learning and development.
- Support the collection of accurate and up-to-date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these as a basis for future planning.
- Support the wellbeing of all children including those with additional needs and disabilities.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
- Functional Skills in Maths & English (if required).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression onto further Apprenticeship training or a full time position upon completion of initial Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 3 / A* - D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.