Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprentice EIGHTSPACE LLP
If you are looking for a varied and satisfying role in a busy warehouse as part of a small but dynamic team this may be the role for you! As a fast-growing company in the furniture sector, we are looking for individuals that can contribute ideas and energy to the success of the company. You will be working in our busy warehouse based in Crawley. Duties include ensuring orders are organised and properly packed for transport, liaising with project teams with queries and work with them to ensure accuracy and organising stock and maintaining inventory.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
19 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include:
- Process, package and ship orders according to pick lists
- Receive shipments and checking goods in
- Verify packages according to order and invoice
- Ensuring orders are organised and properly packed for transport.
- Liaising with project teams with queries and work with them to ensure accuracy
- Utilise internal project software to track orders and dispatch dates
- Assembly of some furniture items prior to shipping
- Organise stock and maintain inventory
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard for warehouse operatives provides the foundation knowledge, skills and experience for the role of qualified warehouse operative. Apprentices will learn warehouse practices including taking deliveries, checking for damaged/missing items, storing goods, moving stock by various methods, picking/packing orders, loading goods for dispatch, maintaining stock records and documentation and housekeeping
- The delivery of this apprenticeship standard will be delivered over a combination of virtual and face to face visits that equate to monthly contact with a dedicated trainer to develop the apprentice’s skills to prepare for End Point Assessment. Throughout the process, apprentices will undergo regular testing of underpinning knowledge through assessment and observations which will also require employer involvement at review stages and at the end of this qualification when reaching EPA
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are a rapidly growing business and opportunities for progression are regularly available for the right candidates.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IPS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.