Become a Browns rising star! Our passion for hair starts at the roots, at our rising stars hair academy. Browns Hairdressing are looking for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 26 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Cleaning and tidying salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing client's hair
- Advising clients on shampoos, conditioners, and treatments
- Assisting and observing stylists, when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained, the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
We work closely with L’Oreal so each student is given extensive colour and retail training and we also offer in-house cutting and styling education. Our Assessors and educators work alongside our students to provide them with an individual learning plan, to make sure they progress through their qualifications effectively and thoroughly.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- Apprentices visit one of the training schools once a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
95% Of our apprentices, on completing the NVQ qualifications, stay working within Browns and move onto the salon floor in one of our salons, where they get the opportunity to carry on with their education and career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.