Volunteer Services Administration Apprentice ST LEONARD'S HOSPICE YORK
We are looking for an enthusiastic and efficient apprentice to join us in this exciting role. We are looking for a confident individual who will thrive on the challenge of maintaining meticulous records and handling all queries with tact and sensitivity; someone who is proactive, with fresh approaches and new ideas.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
£14,500 for first year, then National Minimum Wage for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting with the recruitment of prospective volunteers by dealing with email correspondence and telephone queries
· Maintaining accurate and up-to-date confidential volunteer data
· Responding to queries from prospective, new and existing volunteers as well as members of the public and staff
· Supporting the Volunteer Services Team with initial telephone and in-person meetings and final inductions with successful applicants
· Administrative tasks relating to mandatory and role-specific training for our volunteers
· Liaising with local universities, colleges, schools and other organisations to develop and market volunteer opportunities to students and other key community groups
· Working with the Volunteer Services Team and colleagues across departments to monitor the effectiveness of all roles
· Extra responsibilities will be added as the apprentice develops
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3.
Functional skills in maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent if not already achieved.
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers, with a focus on adding value. The Business Administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity, showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills.
You will study skills in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes and record and analyse data. Examples include MS Office or equivalent packages. Production of accurate records and documents including: emails, letters, files, payments, reports and proposals. Make recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management. Draft correspondence, write reports and develop the ability to review others' work.
Build and maintain positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation. Demonstrate the ability to influence and challenge appropriately. Become a role model to others, developing coaching skills as you gain area knowledge. Take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, and managing priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadlines. Positively work towards the supervision of colleagues and set a positive example for others in the workplace.
Method of delivery:
Apprentices will attend York College on a day release for the duration of the apprenticeship and work with their employer for the remainder of their contracted hours. During their time in College, apprentices will work towards developing their knowledge, skills and behaviours, and at work will consolidate their on-programme learning with the support of their employer. An assessor will visit every 8-10 weeks to discuss and monitor progress on the apprenticeship in conjunction with the employer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We will endeavour to offer a fixed term contract on the successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
York College Apprenticeships
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.