Apprentice Early Years Practitioner HAMOND HOUSE DAY NURSERY LTD
Hamond House are looking for an apprentice based in Heckmondwike. You will work towards a recognised childcare qualification and develop you knowledge and skills to become a qualified childcare practitioner. Assist with room planning and carry out planned activities, themes and projects.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- An Apprentice Nursery Assistant is required to work within this busy nursery in Heckmondwike, where you will learn about the Early years practitioner Standard and have the opportunity to work towards a career in childcare. You will be working alongside children aged from 0-5 years old.
Duties will include:
- Assist the nursery team in providing a friendly, caring, and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care
- Assist with room planning and carry out planned activities, themes, and projects
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and tidy base room
- Communicate with parents/guardians and other visitors in a calm, friendly, and efficient manner
- Complete any additional tasks as required by the senior management team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of this apprenticeship you will achieve the following:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- Throughout the Apprenticeship you will receive in-house training from the employer
- This will ensure that you are competent on all aspects of the role
- You will also have off-the-job training during the apprenticeship qualification, where you will be supported by a dedicated trainer and mentor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Could lead to a permanent opportunity for the right candidate with an opportunity for progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.