Excellent opportunity to work for a busy dental practice based in Wolverhampton. As a trainee dental nurse you will be responsible for dental nurse duties in the surgery assisting a dentist.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role of a dental nurse is to:
- Take instruction from the dentist responding efficiently and accurately
- They must ensure the dentist's comments regarding the condition of the patients mouth throughout the check up are recorded correctly
- The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
Dental instruments must be to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed
- Dental nurses may at times be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice making the patients feel welcome and comfortable
- Working sometimes under pressure dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore they must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work based and college training and support towards achieving an advanced apprenticeship in Dental Nursing
- Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council
- You will also complete the First Aid at Work qualification
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Dental
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Candidates can continue to study further and enrol on Level 4 programmes such as Radiography or Oral Health Education, or work their way into practice management.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Functional English and Maths (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.