Construction Plant Engineer Apprentice TOTAL TOOLS (NANTWICH) LTD
We are looking for a well presented, dynamic team player with a growing knowledge of tool hire products and garden machinery. Your role will be assisting the workshop manager in the daily service and repair of all hire tools and garden machinery from makes such as Bosch, Makita, Stihl, Hayter, Mountfield etc.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Wages to be discussed at interview stage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. With every other Saturday. Working week to be discussed at interview.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
02 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Service and repair of hire fleet Inc. diggers/dumpers
- Service and repair of garden machinery
- Service and repair of small power tools including nail guns, drills etc.
- Assisting in the check off and storage of hire items
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workshop and yard
- Delivery of hire fleet including cherry picker, digger etc.
- Assisting retail customers with information re service and repair
- Work in a safe environment at all times, observe, question and understand
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Land-based service engineering technician Level 3
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment
The qualification the apprentice will achieve at the end is an advanced level 3 apprenticeship. Within this apprenticeship you will be given the opportunity to build a solid foundation of technical knowledge and gain real life experience. You’ll combine on-the-job training with practical lessons at college, where our specialist staff will teach you in our fully equipped workshops.
The apprenticeship will be at Reaseheath College and will last 3 years. This will be 9 weeks in college per year, delivered in 3 x 3 week block release courses, at Reaseheath College, Nantwich.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full training and development in the smooth operation of a busy workshop and growing hire fleet. We are a committed employer and are looking for apprentices to join us for a long term full time career within a family business on successful completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
TOTAL TOOLS (NANTWICH) LTD
Land-based service engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.