School Receptionist Admin Apprentice Edmondsley Primary School
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for and train with a welcoming, friendly and creative school as an Apprentice School Administrator. Applicants would be expected to build up the necessary skills required to provide an effective reception service, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries, along with general admin duties.
Closing date: 06 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for and train with a welcoming, friendly and creative school as an Apprentice School Administrator. The post is based at Pelton Community Primary School and is 5 days a week term-time only.
Applicant would be expected to build up the necessary skills required to provide an effective reception service, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries, signing visitors into the site, providing general administrative support to the school under the instruction of the Office Manager using IT programs in accordance with school procedures and processes.
Applicants should be:
- Be the public face of the school and federation
- Confident with good communication skills and have a genuine interest in an administrative role in a school
- Be able to show initiative, manage priorities and problem solving
- Be very confident in the use of ICT Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and SIMs
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have a high standard of English, Maths and ICT
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Be an excellent and enthusiastic practitioner, committed to high standards
- Make a valuable contribution to the work of the federation and support its ethos
- Be flexible, friendly and have a good sense of humour
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 maths and English Functional Skills if required
- Preparation for end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C and above) Essential
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.