Assistant Accounts Apprenticeship AGRICULTURAL CENTRAL TRADING LTD
Excellent opportunity working a varied role within a busy finance department whereby you will gain knowledge and experience across areas such as purchase ledger, sales ledger and credit control. The role will involve a large amount of use of our ERP system Navision as well as excel so is ideal for someone looking to start their career in finance.
Closing date: 20 Feb 2023
This rate is dependable on age, experience, previous qualifications etc and can be discussed in the interview stages.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes onto the ERP system in a timely manner using the appropriate program to ensure correct sales invoicing to the customer and complete accurate records are retained on the NAV system
- Update sales and purchase order screens with delivery dates, sell and buy prices, obtaining information from appropriate colleagues if information is incomplete
- Process credit note requisitions, once correctly authorised, in a timely and accurate manner using the appropriate program to ensure accurate records are retained on the NAV system
- Assist customer service advisers and product managers with invoicing and credit queries
- Scan, attach to records and file all documents in an accurate and timely manner to enable fast and easy retrieval
- Reconcile supplier statements to allow payment to be made
- Answer telephone queries from customers and area managers
- Record receipts from customer payments via card payments/BACS/cheques
- During colleagues’ absences monitor all work and prioritise urgent tasks, bringing to management’s attention where documents are not being processed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards the Level 3 Apprenticeship standard, achieving skills, knowledge, comprehension and practical skills to achieve:
- Assistant Accountant/Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
This will be a mixture of day release in College (London Rd Campus) and work based training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential full-time post upon completion of apprenticeship
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- General pension scheme
- Annual profit share bonus
- Company sick pay (after one years service)
- Income protection (after 3 years service)
- Death in service benefit x4 annual salary
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SHREWSBURY COLLEGES GROUP
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.