Facilities Operative Apprenticeship - Belleville Primary INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
The role of a facilities operative apprentice is to support the smooth running of the facilities site/sites. This position would suit someone who wishes to start a career in property management and is passionate about the industry. Duties include ensuring the school grounds remain tidy and the equipment is kept in good order.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
HSF Health Care Plan. Access to HSF perk box.
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
25 Feb 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under the direction of the facilities manager, provide caretaking, building repair and maintenance, and cleaning services as required
- The post holder may be required to monitor skilled contractors as and when appropriate
- Liaise with a designated officer as appropriate to carry out procedures for emergencies, including repairs
- Assist in carrying out agreed internal decorations and improvements while ensuring compliance with health and safety standards
- Assist in liaison with contractors whilst on-site, ensuring that work is completed in line with specifications and to the required standard
- Take any appropriate action to resolve problems
- Report to the site supervisor on alterations and repairs to buildings
- Support the site supervisor in the day-to-day operational responsibility for all security activity within the site
- Routinely monitor the operation of the fire alarm, fire doors, lighting, heating, water testing, plumbing and security systems
- Detect and report any building defects, advising school management on any health and safety issues
- Undertake any minor repairs and general maintenance
- Arrange and/or carry out the movement of furniture and equipment within the site
- Assist with general porterage duties, including the distribution of items delivered to the school site
- Ensure the school grounds remain tidy and the equipment is kept in good order. This may include cleaning external drains and gullies
- Ensure all allocated equipment and materials are stored safely in order to prevent accidents/misuse.
- Issue soap, toilet rolls, paper towels and such other items as required by the school
- Be aware of health and safety issues around the site and work in accordance with safe practice and health and safety legislation
- To become qualified as a first aider and to carry out first aid duties as required
- Respect any and all confidential information
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
- Comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the school, comply with any relevant statutory requirements, including
- Equal Opportunities legislation, the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data Protection Act
- Have a commitment to child safeguarding, to promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the school’s agreed procedure, and to meeting the five outcomes of Every Child Matters
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Facilities Services Operative Level 2 apprenticeship standard:
- Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principles
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression into full-time employment for the right applicant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.