During this apprenticeship you will gain Accountancy qualification and valuable work experience. Your responsibilities will include recording sales and purchase invoices in accounting software, entering supplier payments and customer receipts, bank reconciliation and petty cash reconciliation and payroll processing and reporting.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Assistant Accountant, your duties and responsibilities will develop overtime and vary based on the company’s requirements but will include to learn and assist with accounting responsibilities, including bookkeeping, payroll processing and entries to sales and purchase ledgers.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Working creating Excel spreadsheets
- Updating ledgers
- Record keeping
- Related administrative tasks
No experience is required as full training will be provided.
- Able to work collaboratively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- A good understanding of Accounts Payable and basic double entry
- Take accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self-motivated and can organise own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements and projects
- Proactive approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Proven experience of working in a professional team adhering to deadlines
- Strives to continually improve, accurate and logical approach to work
- Curious about how businesses operate, with the ability to critically evaluate and interpret different data and information sources
- Forward-thinking and keen to learn and understand regulation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at NCC Hackney (N1 6HQ) or NCC Havering (RM11 3TB)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to progress within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 and above (A-C)) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Bookkeeping (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.