An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right person to work for a busy dental practice. Your duties will include answering the telephone and speaking with patients, booking patients in, answering emails, collecting fees from patients, general admin jobs, supporting nurses.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will involve working within our accounts department and will include the following:
- General office admin duties – filing, shredding, post etc. and ensuring the office is kept clean and tidy
- Managing our clocking in system – daily review of staff’s shift times and highlighting any anomalies
- Learning the daily cash reconciliation process to provide holiday cover for current staff
- Managing the stationery levels and ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained
- Finding card receipts for refunds
- Assisting with generating various reports
- Assisting in reconciling our intercompany monthly balances
- Taking incoming calls from staff and dealing with queries as they arise
- Providing refreshments
- Performing additional office duties when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator standard, your qualification will cover:
- How to involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administration skills
- Developing key skills and behaviours to support your own progression to management responsibilities
- Record and document production
- Understanding business fundamentals
- Working and developing policies
- IT skills including spreadsheets
- Planning and organisational skills
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To progress to a higher level course or to progress within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Functional skills English and Maths (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.