To work as a key person and effective team member. To ensure that the setting runs smoothly, to assist and support the manager in providing a stimulating and varied curriculum, ensuring the safety and well-being of all the children in the nursery setting.
Closing date: 16 Feb 2023
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
There will be a pay increase to the hourly rate from March 2023 for the successful apprentices,
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide a safe, stimulating and welcoming environment for all children and adults
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents and carers ensuring individual children's needs are recognised and met
- To assist the team in planning and delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To be aware of all the policies and procedures that should be put into practice while working in the setting
- Ensure records are accurately maintained e.g., registers, accident & incident forms etc
- To liaise with outside professional agencies as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths & English Qualifications (if not already achieved)
- Studying will be at the Rush Green Campus of Barking & Dagenham College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once you have completed the Level 2 it allows for progression onto the Level 3 qualification in Childcare
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.