Customer Service - Technical Support Apprentice ABZORB SYSTEMS LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Abzorb, undertaking customer service and administrative duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 27 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday; shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
07 Apr 2023
16 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Dealing with stationery/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments with by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
- Helping with paper work
- Answering the phone
- Printing & sending emails
- Entering bills on sage software - Training provided
- Generating invoices on sage software - training provided
- Wages - training provided
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
- Responding to e-mail and telephone queries in an agreed SLA
- Supporting partners and customers with our portfolio propositions where applicable
- Updating internal systems
- Raising faults with our partners via telephone, email and the appropriate portals
- Supporting other departments where applicable
- Configuration of new phone system
- Configuration of Broadband routers
- Placing orders for hardware
- Reporting network faults
- Notifying customers of planned maintenance
- Arranging Openreach engineers to attend customer sites
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Attention to detail
- Good Written and verbal commumication
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
- Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE or equivalent, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved)
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes face to face or via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ABZORB SYSTEMS LTD
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.