Apprentice Nursery Nurse FOOTSTEPS CHILDREN'S SERVICES LTD
We are looking for someone who has a passion for working with children and their families to help them achieve their full potential. In this role you will provide high quality care and learning experiences, liaising with a variety of customers.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2023
You will work 30 hours per week over 39 weeks per year. Yearly salary of pay: £6700.50 plus 5.67 weeks of holiday pay as holidays are taking during the non-term time.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work within the key person system and be committed to working in partnership with parents
- To provide activities for children ensuring that learning is inspirational, of high quality and is responsive to children’s needs
- To be committed to delivering child centred care
- To actively support the Safeguarding of all children, including the monitoring of basic needs such as food, warmth and affection, ensuring that any concerns are reported swiftly to managers
- To assist all staff to deliver positive, supportive and appropriate care to children and parents
- To complete up to date, accurate records as required by Footsteps Children’s Services Ltd and Ofsted
- Work as a member of the team, by using developing theoretical knowledge as well as actively seeking advice and support to ensure that nursery routines and tasks are carried out effectively
- To work in a reliable and professional manner at all times and to work as a productive and efficient member of the team, be prepared to help where needed including undertaking some domestic duties such as preparation of snack and cleaning of equipment and the environment
- To work within Footsteps Children’s Services Ltd policies and procedures and legislative guidelines relevant to practice
- To actively challenge (where appropriate) or report to managers any inappropriate behaviour displayed by children, parents, colleagues or visitors in a sensitive and professional manner
- To be aware of the profile and core values of Footsteps Children’s Services Ltd and demonstrate said values in all areas of performance
- To be involved in out of working hours activities such as training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events
- Footsteps Children’s Services exists to respond to the needs of individuals, therefore it is expected that all staff will work in a flexible manner when required, undertaking relevant duties that have not been specifically covered in the job description
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification with Gateshead College
- First Aid training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent position on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FOOTSTEPS CHILDREN'S SERVICES LTD
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.