An exciting opportunity to join the team as an apprentice fabricator welder. You will learn from our experienced staff all the steps our products take through from learning to cut and weld items through to dispatch. Duties include collecting the materials from our stores, producing the item using the jigs and drawings that are provided to you, fabricating and then finally welding the assembly.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In your role you will be involved in:
- The production of the welded assemblies needed for boiler pipe kits.
Work is distributed on works order cards, this will let you know what and how many you are making and give you a list of what materials you need.
You will need to:
- Collect the materials from our stores
- Produce the item using the jigs and drawings that are provided to you
- Fabricate and then finally weld the assembly
This is a production environment so we produce the same items repeatedly as ordered by our customer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Completion of Engineering Operative level 2 standard, (pathway Fabrication & Welding)
- Functional skills maths and English if required
- Working with qualified staff on-site, with guidance from a subject specific Assessor and college training
- End Point Assessment
- One day per week college day release at Dudley College, Advance II, DY1 4AD
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a full time job on successful completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.