We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to join our team at our outstanding nursery You will be given lots of support to develop in your role. You will be delivering a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5, plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes etc.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5
- To ensure that the setting is a safe environment for children, staff and others
- To develop partnerships with parents and carers to increase involvement in their child's development
- To be responsible for any task delegated by the Nursery Manager or Deputy
- To complete all academic aspects of your apprenticeship
- To attend training
- To work as part of a team
- To liaise with Mentor and Assessor to prepare yourself for your assessment visits
- To deliver an appropriate play based, Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum that enables children to make individual progress
- To understand Tots 2 Toddlers policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately
- To understand how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this apprenticeship:
- Early Years Practitioner qualification level 2
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- English, maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to work permanently in the childcare setting.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2/E or above) Essential
About the employer
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.