Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING LIMITED
We would like to recruit an enthusiastic, committed apprentice who is looking to develop a career in supporting teaching and learning within a training provider in the centre of Plymouth. We offer a range of courses to 16+ learners.
Closing date: 03 Feb 2023
£180/£210 pw based on prior experience and qualifications. F/T post over 52 weeks p/y. 7 wk's annual holiday. Cycle to wk scheme TC's apply. Care leavers bursary £1000 Tc's. Free bus travel - Kings rd to Royal parade. No PAYE contributions.
Total hours per week: 34
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
16 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be working at Achievement Training working as a teaching assistant to students 16+. The role will include, but may not be limited to:
Support for learners.
- Supervise and support the learners ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with learners, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
Support the staff team.
- Be aware of the learner's progress/achievements/problems and report to other staff members as agreed
- Support the staff team in managing children's behaviour, reporting any difficulties as appropriate
- Gather and report information from/to parents/carers as directed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace at Achievement Training.
Off the job training will be delivered by your tutor during planned sessions in the classroom at the centre (Achievement Training). You will be working towards:
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Standard
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths (A*-C or 9-4 GCSE or equivalents), will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
You will develop knowledge, skills, and behaviour so that by the end of the practical period your employer is satisfied that you are consistently working at, or above, the level set out in the standard. You will be assessed using, practical observation and a professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships and with experience, you could become a senior assistant, apply for a higher-level teaching assistant role or train to become a teacher.
You can find more information on Future careers by visiting https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.