An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician level 3 (light vehicle):
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
FORD RETAIL LIMITED
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.