Food & Drink Process Operator Apprentice GINGERBEARD'S PRESERVES LTD
As a food and drink process operator apprentice, you will be involved in all aspects of the production of over 70 different products. You will be also required to record information either paper-based or electronically. You will be involved in the packing and distribution side of the business from time to time.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
16 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As we have been steadily bringing in new retailers, we are now looking for an apprentice to help us meet our demand efficiently and consistently.
As an apprentice, you will be supported by the college to learn about food safety regulations, standard operating procedures, health and safety regulations and procedures, environmental and sustainability regulations and procedures. You will then be able to apply what you have learnt in the workplace.
- Follow food production standard operating procedures
- Support with the production of a range of preserves, sauces, condiments and jams
- Be involved in all aspect of manufacturing from preparing raw ingredients to bottling, capping and labelling the finished product
- Clean tools, equipment and lines
- Comply with food safety regulations and procedures
- Record traceability information
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L2 Food and Drink Processing Operator - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Functional Skills Level 1 and/or 2 in English and maths as required (exemptions apply)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to progress qualifications within the sector.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 to 2 (A* to E)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Food and drink process operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.