Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant AQSA AND RYEMEAD PHARMACY LTD
A pharmacy are hoping to recruit a hardworking and determined candidate as an Apprentice Pharmacy Assistant. You will support with dispensing medicine and customer service. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications such as L3 Pharmacy Technician. Pharmacy services assistant Level 2 (GCSE).
Closing date: 25 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point assessment (EPA)
- In-house training provided by employer
- GPhC approved Dispensing and MCA qualification
- Training will be through an online programme that can be accessed at different times within the pharmacy
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time permanent role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship or potentially could go onto university to study at degree level.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
AQSA AND RYEMEAD PHARMACY LTD
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.