Knowsley SK are looking to recruit x2 Apprentices to join their team based in Trafford Park. The role will involve the assembly and testing of Valves, fire hydrants, deluge systems and firefighting equipment to customer specifications and high industry standards. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in engineering!
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
28 Mar 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Fundamentally, the role will be to assemble and test Valves, fire hydrants,deluge systems and firefighting equipment to customer specifications and high industry standards. This could also include onshore / offshore servicing and commissioning visits in the UK and overseas dependent upon experience.
Duties to include:
- Interpreting and following drawings/diagrams and/or specifications for required component or assembly
- Planning work activity, including resources, equipment and tooling
Re-furbishing components, Quality checking and adjusting components or assembly against required specification; for example, testing and calibrating
- Identifying and resolving problems with components or assembly; fault diagnosis
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Fitter apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Practical Skills to be completed at The STEGTA Training Centre based in Flixton
- Work based portfolio of competence to meet the Standard requirements of Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) to be completed at College on a day release basis over 2 years
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship, there may be opportunities to progress onto higher levels of education.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/5) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.