We are now recruiting for a Sea Freight Operations Apprentice to strengthen our team. Alongside internal training you you will obtain the International Freight Forwarder Specialist Level 3 qualification with Sea Freight as the pathway route. This will give you all the knowledge, skills and behaviours that will support your career development.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
Wage to be increased after successfully completing a 3 month probation. Company pension, Company events, Cycle to work scheme, Employee discounts, Gym membership, On-site parking.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting directly to the Sea Freight Manager this role will be varied and will include the following duties:
- Developing core relationships with clients, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Keeping up-to-date records of shipments / consignments
- Managing aspects of Sea import and export shipments
- Learning and processing detailed import / export customs clearance procedures
- Keeping customers updated at all times on their consignment movements
- Liaising with customers, HMRC and external partners in regards to required documentation
- Booking shipments with shipping lines
- Learn and gain a thorough understanding of HMRC regulations
- Inform management of any client / shipment issues
- Learn how to invoice and set costs
- Spend some time in other internal departments to gain a full understanding of the company operations
- General office administration tasks to support as required
Our award winning apprentice scheme is now in it’s 14th year and always seek to progress and develop our apprentices within the company. Our 1st apprentice is now our Air Freight and European Director and a number of our managerial positions are held by previous apprentices so we understand how to develop an apprentice into a valuable full-time employee.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist apprenticeship standard. Sea Freight pathway.
- On the job training delivered by the employer
- Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings, identifying learning achievements and next steps
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We as a company are fully committed to apprentices development and upon successfully completing the apprenticeship and proving themselves in the role we would most definitely be looking to progress them further.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent any three subjects (Grade Grade A*-C/ 4-9) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.