IT Technician Apprentice (Sharpak) SHARPAK AYLESHAM LIMITED
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with Sharpak Aylesham, a thermoformed plastic packaging manufacturer based in Kent. The apprentice will learn and gain experience in the fundamentals of the IT provision through hands-on experience and training at Estio.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
This will be £6.73 per hour.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, key IT skills will be taught and put into practice which will be critical for future progression and understanding.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- 1st Line Support, supporting internal staff with day to day queries to ensure a timely reactive service is delivered
- Setting up new computers including installation and testing of software and hardware
- Identifying any IT/PC issues, guiding the user through the required steps to resolution or escalating as and when necessary
- Ensure calls have been logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately
- Continuously improve knowledge and understanding across the various technologies and keeping up to date with industry advancements
- Working with virtual and physical servers and supporting any necessary upgrades or maintenances tasks
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure - physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards
- Support the information systems needs for your business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SHARPAK AYLESHAM LIMITED
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.