Apprentice Civil Engineering Technician WILDE CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Wilde Consultants Ltd are looking to recruit an Apprentice Civil Engineering Technician to work within the Civils/Drainage team based at their Stockport office. The role will include using 2D/3D CAD software, assisting with site surveys, preparing contracts and working with Network Rail, local authorities and private sectors.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Preparing engineering drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software to design civils and drainage for railways, highways and other developments, including piped networks, below ground chambers and river outfalls.
- Assisting with arranging and undertaking site surveys
- Assisting with preparing contract, site and works information
- Assisting the engineering and technician team with all aspects of the design phase and also including opportunities for some site visits during the construction phase
- On the job learning of industry standard design codes to develop quality, sustainable and safe solutions to meet the client’s brief
- Working for Network Rail, local authority and private sector clients on projects throughout the UK
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Competence based portfolio to meet all Knowledge, Skills, & Behaviours
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering to be studied on a day release basis at college over 2 years
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Excellent career opportunities - route available to qualify as Technician Member of Institution of Civil Engineers.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Technology based subject (Grade 5/C or above) Desired
About the employer
SALFORD AND TRAFFORD ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.