Architectural Carpenter (Bench Joiner) Apprentice COLTMAN BROTHERS LIMITED
Coltman Bros are looking for an apprentice bench joiner to join our team at our yard in Ashby Magna. The role entails wood machining, bench joinery, CNC machine operation, a keen eye for detail and ability to work to a schedule essential.
Closing date: 22 Feb 2023
Between £7-£9 an hour depending on experience
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
12 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will involve;
- Reading and interpreting drawings
- Timber selection
Using the following machines:
- Spindle moulders
- Planer / thicknesser
- Large section planer
- Crosscut saw
- Machining to bespoke requirements
- Large timber structure manufacture in a variety of hard and soft woods
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Apprenticeship standard training, delivered on day release at Harrowbrook or Wigston campus over 2 years
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Senior Bench Joiner
- Workshop Foreman
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
COLTMAN BROTHERS LIMITED
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.