The company have an exciting opportunity for those who are seeking an apprenticeship within IT Support. You will be responsible for handling first and second level support of service, also dealing with IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Salary – £6.50 - £9.74 Per hour Dependent on Qualification and Experience level
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Due to the ongoing expansion of the business, we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced IT Support Technician to join our company who will directly report to the IT director. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience within an IT Support role.
- Responsible for handling first and second level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner relating to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution and support: VPN and Remote Desktop
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with end-users as required: Keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate effectively.
- Managing and liaising with 3rd party vendors / suppliers
- Working closely with Service Delivery and Project Manager on various projects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship standard delivered via virtual learning platform and Microsoft Teams classroom sessions.
With support from specialist trainers and 121 skills coach and physical IT Solutions textbooks to complete learning on programme. IT Solutions exams included conducted and invigilated in office location with day release.
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time opportunity available on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.