This role maintains a high level of competence to ensure the safe dispensing of medication to customers, as well as being the experts that our customers can reply. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
£5.00 an hour
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
12 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine
- General admin
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Pharmacy Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Medicine Counter Assistant Course accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council [GPhc]
- Dispensing Assistant Course accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council [GPhc]
- Functional Skills level 2 in maths and English if not already achieved grade 4 or C and above at GCSE Level (or equivalent)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Pharmacy Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
- A permanent position within the organisation
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.