Internal Sales Apprentice KLUBER LUBRICATION GREAT BRITAIN LIMITED
Provide excellent customer service support to customers, users of Klüber products and colleagues whilst actively promoting the organisation in order to achieve sales. Present a professional image at all times by adopting strong business ethics and maintaining all company equipment in good order.
Closing date: 05 Feb 2023
£8,629.14 to £17,043.00
The starting rate is dependent upon experience, our aim is to pay above the national minimum wage, were appropriate; we are also open to negotiation. Other additional info 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 34.5
Possible start date
13 Mar 2023
16 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include various administration duties within the sales department with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- Accept customer enquiries for products/prices and availability by phone/email/fax, responding in a timely manner
- Check customer orders are the correct price/product/pack size/ if not, advising customer and obtain the necessary authorisation from customer to proceed with the order
- Advise customers of any delays in meeting their required date
- Process customer orders in SAP ensuring stock and customer credit availability, generating correct paperwork to send to order management team and customer
- Open new customer “pro-forma” and credit accounts
- Liaise with Sales Engineers on new opportunities, recording quotations/correspondence on CRM database
- Provide in field support to Sales Engineers and Technical Service Engineers as and when appropriate
- Follow up quotes and correspondence and proactively contact customers within planned accounts to promote Klüber products and services
- File all completed paperwork in the appropriate customer files
- Record non conformances and complete GRN record (if applicable)
- Support KLGB Marketing Manager in various activities including but not exclusively, lead generation campaigns, social selling and exhibitions
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Dealing with sales and customer service queries via the telephone and e-mail
- Dealing with e-mailed and faxed orders
- Preparing orders for despatch
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Checking inputted orders with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments with by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- "Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A* - C GCSE or equivalent, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time employment
- Continue to Level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent I.T (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.