MEP Ltd is an engineering company specialising in moulded and engineered parts for a wide range of industries including aerospace and defence clients. You will answer incoming calls to the company’s main number professionally and enthusiastically and deal with those calls in line with training to be provided and support other Managers / Directors, as required, to support or improve administrative business processes.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
Hourly £6.83 but going up to £7.49 in April
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
15 Feb 2023
12 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In addition to the formal apprenticeship standard around business administration, Our current administrator will train the apprentice and teach them all the things they need to learn:
- Supporting the Finance Controller in all manner of financial administration and tasks, using our ERP system (Epicor) to ensure accurate transactions and data management, running and sending / storing reports for others and contacting customers and suppliers regarding payments
- Gaining hands on experience in different areas of the business including Supply Chain, Quality and Operations to understand how different departments and processes interact and to understand how our ERP system supports those processes
- To answer incoming calls to the company’s main number professionally and enthusiastically and deal with those calls in line with training to be provided
- To support other Managers / Directors, as required, to support or improve administrative business processes
- To support cross-functional internal and external projects as required and, if appropriate, take the lead with smaller internal improvement projects
- To pay careful and rigorous attention in conforming to MEP’s policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will receive a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard at the end of the course
- All training will be done on company grounds with no day or block releases
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following a successful apprenticeship training would be available for AAT courses if they want to stay in finance or could move into other departments within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
RUNWAY APPRENTICESHIPS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.