Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship MATCHBOX DAY NURSERY
Early Years Educators work with and care for children from birth to 5 years. They play an important role in supporting children to have the best start to their education. As an Early Years specialist, you will personally help to close the attainment gap and increase the life chances of the children in your care.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Pay increase after completing and passing probation period.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
12 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In their daily work, Early Years Educators interact with children aged birth to five years and will also gain an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7. The apprentice will be responsible for delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development, and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
- You will work as part of a team, planning and supervising child-initiated and adult-led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child.
- You will be supporting children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play.
- You will work collaboratively and build strong relationships with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the needs of each child.
- You will be ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of the children in the room at all times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
- NCFE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE)
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid OR Level 3 Award Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- Apprentices will achieve an EYE qualification which has been approved to count towards the EYFS level 3 child: staff ratios
- Level 2 Functional skills in maths and English, if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once you have finished the apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to continue working for the same company and/or progress to the next level of apprenticeship. Please speak to your employer or training provider about further employment opportunities upon the completion of your apprenticeship.
- Early Years Educators are found in a range of settings which can include day nurseries, playgroups, nursery schools, pre-schools, kindergartens, primary schools, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision, giving you a broad range of employment opportunities
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
MATCHBOX DAY NURSERY
BEST PRACTICE NETWORK LIMITED
0117 235 5764
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.