Apprentice Vehicle Damage Panel Technician FRED SMITH & SONS (MOTOR BODIES) LTD
You'll be studying towards a L3 qualification to become a qualified Vehicle Damage Panel Technician/Vehicle Damage Paint Technician. This is an opportunity to work for a reputable company who are passionate about offering opportunity to aspiring learners who want to work in the Automotive industry. Duties will include removing and replacing structural body panels, repair techniques and processes.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
£6 per hour plus on time bonus
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
16 Feb 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Health and safety
- Materials and consumables
- Removing and fitting non-structural body panels
- Removing and replacing structural body panels
- Repair techniques and processes
- Tools and equipment
- Vehicle body alignment
- Welding techniques and processes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Standard.
- Ability to undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements
- Ability to identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to
- Ability to interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology, e.g., when to use resistance spot welding or mig brazing or bonding
- Ability to remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- Ability to identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools
- Ability to identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
Fred Smith & Sons Motor Bodies Ltd
Sams Ln, West Bromwich B70 7EH
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position within company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
FRED SMITH & SONS (MOTOR BODIES) LTD
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.