Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Buckinghamshire County Council
We’re looking for an ambitious & energetic person to join our Neighbourhood Services Workshop Team as a Technician. You’ll combine work-based training along with achieving an Advanced (level 3) Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship.
Closing date: 14 Mar 2023
Paid holiday package Join our generous Pension scheme Get 50% off of Arriva bus travel, and 34% off of Chiltern Railways services Receive a range of restaurant, shop & gym discounts through our Employee Benefits scheme. Apply for a NUS Extra card
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Mar 2023
16 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Able to demonstrate mechanical skills
- Able to organise own work and achieve deadlines
- Able to work in an organised and methodical way to analyse and solve problems
- Be a good time keeper
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Able to carry out basic administrative tasks
- Basic IT skills
- Able to use initiative and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Able to complete basic written workshop documents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualification in Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician (level 3)
- Maths and English Functional skills Level 2 if required
- All training is delivered in the workplace with an allowance of 20% off the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths 4 / C (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Buckinghamshire County Council
STAFF SELECT LTD
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.