Forklift Service Engineer Apprentice TOYOTA MATERIAL HANDLING UK LIMITED
Enthusiastic person who is looking to learn the skills needed to develop a career as a forklift engineer. This apprenticeship role is an excellent opportunity to combine on the job working, excellent training and development and the opportunity to work for the worlds No 1
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role involves learning the skills to be able to service, maintain and repair forklift trucks and other material handling equipment and study towards an industry recognised qualification. This is a 3-year programme combining college and workplace learning.
As an apprentice you will be working in one of our centres or at one of our customer’s sites, working as part of our service team.
This is what you would be doing:
- Shadowing and working with your mentor and the team to understand materials handling equipment
- Learning about the trucks, how they work and how to fix them. You will service, repair and maintain the trucks
- Block weeks at college where you will learn new skills and take part in both classroom and workshop learning
- Online learning and development with the learning provider
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Two week block release 5 times a year to North Warwickshire and South Leicester College
- Lift truck and powered access standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Having successfully completed the three-year apprenticeship, you will be qualified as a fully skilled forklift technician and qualified to apply for a field or site-based technician’s vacancy within Toyota Material Handling
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Lift truck and powered access engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.