Child Care - Level 3 Apprenticeship Smart Kids Nursery (Birmingham)
A Nursery Practitioner plays an important role in assisting in the care and education of young children. As a Childcare Apprentice you will be planning and organising both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of children’s personal care needs.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in
- standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are adhered to at all times
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Educator:
- Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery
- Apprentices must successfully evidence a First Aid qualification approved by EYFS and qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to a higher qualification or full-time employment may be available after completing the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Child Care (Grade Level 2) Desired
About the employer
Smart Kids Nursery (Birmingham)
0121 633 8100
STANFORDS TRAINING LTD
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.