We need an ambitious and hardworking professional who has a passion for engines. We prize accuracy and precision above all else, so we require a marine engineers apprentice who can pay careful attention on the job, follow instructions precisely and double-check their work before completing a task.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Mar 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out fundamental maintenance tasks on marine engines & boats
- Perform routine servicing and inspection procedures
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop
- Obtain diagnostic and repair information
- Use a range of diagnostic equipment
- Test the function of repaired and fitted components
- Work within the parts department picking parts orders for the warehouse team
- Give advice and technical help to customers via email, calls and messages
- Working in the manufacturing area of the business working with the warehouse team to produce an in-house made product. General maintenance tasks with the office & warehouse
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time position with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or Above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
01246 500 500
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.