R Dental Clinic, a popular practice based in Bradford, are looking to take on an Apprentice Dental Nurse. You will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard. If you are looking to pursue a career in dental nursing then apply today!
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
11 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist dentist, hygienist or therapist by providing dental chairside support duties relevant to stage of competence under supervision of a named GDC registrant in accordance with the GDC guidance for apprentice dental nurses
- Keep a log of your structured induction and on-going compliance training using Training Record template and ensure each training session is counter-signed by your supervisor - a named GDC registrant
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification leading to the registration with the GDC
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all of the dental team
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and conditions
- Assist with reception duties and perform other clerical duties if required
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your work
- Key tasks to be carried out under supervision
- Develop and demonstrate competence in the chairside support procedures outlined in your Competence Record
- The manipulation and application of dental materials across a range of dental treatment procedures
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and equipment relevant for dental procedures
- Decontamination and preparation of treatment rooms for a range of dental procedures
- Decontamination equipment maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Waste segregation and disposal in accordance with the practice policies and procedures
- Use of the practice computer and X-ray systems
- Completion of laboratory request forms and keeping records of all items sent, received and fitted
- Checking that all necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
• Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.